Teen’s demise after consuming a single chip highlights dangers of ultra-spicy meals

Teen’s death after eating a single chip highlights risks of ultra-spicy foods

Enlarge (credit score: Sarah Dussault/MediaNews Group/The Mercury Information by way of Getty Pictures)

Harris Wolobah, a wholesome 14-year-old from Worcester, Massachusetts, tragically died final Friday, hours after consuming a single ultra-spicy tortilla chip seasoned with two of the most well liked peppers on this planet.

The teenager’s mom, Lois Wolobah, reportedly picked up her son from faculty that day after getting a name from the nurse that he was sick. She arrived to see him clutching his abdomen and took him residence. About two hours later, he misplaced consciousness and was rushed to the hospital, the place he died.

The teenager had informed his mom that he had eaten a Paqui chip—The 2023 Paqui One Chip Problem chip, to be precise. Every chip is bought individually, wrapped in a foil pouch and packaged in a coffin-shaped field adorned with a cranium, snakes, and a Grim Reaper. The field comprises the problem guidelines, which dare shoppers to eat the entire chip and “wait so long as doable earlier than consuming or consuming something”—and, after all, put up reactions on social media.

Learn 20 remaining paragraphs | Feedback

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *