The Each day Crunch is TechCrunch’s roundup of our greatest and most necessary tales. For those who’d prefer to get this delivered to your inbox each day at round 9am Pacific, you may subscribe right here.
1. Toyota invests $600 million in Didi, with the 2 organising a brand new three way partnership for driver providers
Toyota has made a giant funding in Didi Chuxing . As a part of the settlement, the 2 firms will kind a three way partnership with GAC Toyota Motor to offer vehicle-related providers to Didi drivers.
That is the simply the most recent of Toyota’s investments in ride-hailing and vehicle-sharing firms — it additionally backed Uber and JapanTaxi.
2. Samsung readies Galaxy Fold for September launch
No concrete date simply but, however that is nonetheless extra particular than the “coming weeks” line we’ve been listening to for a number of months now.
3. Robinhood saved passwords in plaintext, so change yours now
This safety misstep may have severely uncovered Robinhood’s customers, though the corporate says that it has no proof the information was accessed improperly.
4. Sonos and Ikea’s Symfonisk wi-fi audio system are a symphony of sound and design
The $99 Symfonisk Wi-Fi bookshelf speaker and the $179 Symfonisk desk lamp with Wi-Fi speaker each ship the superb efficiency and sound high quality that’s anticipated from Sonos, in sensible on a regular basis designs created by Ikea.
5. Tinder’s new private safety function can defend LGBTQ+ customers in hostile nations
Customers who determine on the app as lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, transgender or queer will now not robotically seem on Tinder once they arrive in an oppressive state.
6. DoorDash will change controversial tipping mannequin
Underneath the outdated mannequin, suggestions have been primarily subsidizing funds that will in any other case have come from DoorDash. The corporate isn’t releasing all the small print of its new mannequin but, however the important thing change is that driver earnings “will improve by the precise quantity a buyer recommendations on each order.”
7. Duo’s Wendy Nather to speak safety at TC Classes: Enterprise
Nather is likely one of the most revered and trusted voices within the cybersecurity neighborhood as a daily speaker on a variety of matters, from menace intelligence to danger evaluation, incident response, information safety and privateness points.